Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Even Longer... (Sigh)

Searching for a new position when you're not currently employed is a stressful thing. When I think about it, this is the longest time I've ever been "unemployed." EVER... I confess it does grate on my psyche...

The most annoying thing is that you get the impression from some of the position descriptions that the company is anxious to fill the position. So you get all excited when you submit your paperwork. Then you fall into an "application under review" black hole. Seems like you fall off the face of the Earth.

Sometimes it's tough to keep up your motivation.

But I am a "glass half full" kind of person. I've been accused of being "overly optimistic" or "irrationally exuberant" in the past, and I've always taken it as a compliment. So I continue, patiently and diligently.

And over the past two days, my patience has been rewarded. I've got an interview tomorrow for one position with a very, very large organization, and I've got another interview on Thursday with another - much, much smaller - organization. The first position will entail much less risk and there's a good possibility that I could stay there for the rest of my career. The work would be challenging, but at the same time emotionally rewarding. The second position - the one with the much smaller organization - would be riskier. It would be similar work to what I did previously, and would probably pay a LOT more, but there's a lot of "stability" risk... Hmmmm.

But of course, I'm putting the cart before the horse. I'm only at the interview stage (but I'm convinced I'll hit the ball out of the park)!

So wish me luck!

PS... M has a date with Allen tomorrow afternoon. He ordered some "toys" and had them delivered to our house... She's all excited about that after not being able to see him for a while whilst she was visiting her mother out of state.

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that you will do very well at both interviews. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete