Sunday, March 4, 2018

Remaining Positive has its Advantages!

Whew... Talk about being busy during the last half of the week last week.

Yes, M had her date with Allen, and came home with an incredible smile on her face, as she always does when she sees him. They've taken to sending me text messages with attached pictures when they're together, and it sure LOOKS like they're having a good time...

I had my interview on Wednesday, as expected, and hit an interview home run. I felt incredibly pumped-up when the interview was over. We did it via phone because - as the interviewer said outright - "You live close to us, but some of the other candidates don't, so we want to interview everyone the same way to be completely fair to everyone." I wouldn't say it was a "hard" interview at all. Not too many questions, and I was all over them with background, examples, case studies, et al.

On Thursday, I had a two-hour plus drive to my other interview - the one with the much smaller organization. I spent close to three hours in discussions with the top four people in the organization, and had a blast doing it. We eventually had to stop because they had to jump into other meetings, but they wanted to continue on with more discussions this coming week.

On Friday, I got two eMails from the two interviewers from my Wednesday interview, telling me that they selected me for the position... YEA! So I'll likely have a choice to make in the next week or so...

I think I've mentioned on several occasions about traveling to some really ugly places in the world in my previous position. I've also been traveling for business for a long, long time. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against travel, but it DOES get really old after a while...

Soooooo

One position is a very low-risk position with a huge organization, requiring little (if any) travel. It is in a field that will be completely different than what I did previously, and it will pay a bit less.

The other position is a higher-risk position with a tiny organization, requiring extensive international travel (to some of the places I've been before). The work will be very similar to what I did previously (while it's OK work, it doesn't really "turn me on" the way it used to). It will likely pay a fair amount more.

I guess I've got some thinking to do... Thinking about the tradeoffs of each position.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Lauren!! You did great!! :)
    Just reading, sounds like the bigger place may be better for you, hon.
    I'm glad M is having fun, and sharing that with you. hug, ~sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow your heart, dear.
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by to say Hi and see how you are doing?

    ReplyDelete