Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Sometimes Real Life Just Gets in the Way

M was all set for her date with Allen this afternoon. And very excited as well! Especially coming off our long vacation where she could only send him text messages.

But unfortunately, over the past couple days since we got back, she picked up a cold. A pretty bad one. While the cold passed as colds do, her nagging cough just got worse and worse. She sent Allen a message last night to tell him that she probably shouldn't see him today because she didn't want to pass her cold to him (thoughtful, don't you think?).

When I got up this morning and came downstairs at 6 AM, it was obvious that she had been in the living room. It was obvious from the sight of the blanket strewn over the easy chair that we both like to monopolize in the evenings when the television is on. She confirmed this for me when I went back upstairs to get ready for work, saying sleepily "I was up until 4 AM and just couldn't sleep with all my coughing..." These words she told me at 6:30 AM... I'm pretty sure that she spent much of that time in the living room not just watching television but also telling Allen how disappointed she was that it'll be at least another week before she can see him again.



I felt so bad for her, but at least she didn't have to work today, so she was able to go back to sleep and get SOME rest...

Hopefully M and Allen can reschedule - M is always in a much better mood when she gets back from her dates with him!

On the plus side, since I got back from work today, I haven't heard her cough once!

No comments:

Post a Comment