Sunday, June 24, 2018

Life Has Such Challenges

I feel bad for M...

I really feel bad.

This picture (disregarding the caption) illustrates M's week... She was supposed to have a date with Allen on Wednesday, and - after not seeing him for a while - was all worked up as she thought about her time with him. As last weekend came to a close, I could see her anticipation growing day by day. Tuesday evening rolled around and she was like a cat on a hot tin roof... It seemed like she couldn't sit still for all of her excitement.

Then on Wednesday morning when I was at work, I got a text message from her telling me that he had to cancel at the last minute. Seems like things were crazy at work and he wouldn't be able to sneak out as he had planned.

Damn!





 So she spent her time puttering around the house, trying (and failing I think) to come down from the emotional "high" she had worked herself into. Even after I got home, she was still excited, and she spent a lot of time texting with him on and off all evening long... She was still texting him when I finally fell asleep.

In my mind, I wonder if she played with herself after I fell asleep. I know she's done that before - she's told me that she has.



Thursday was another weird day. We've had a lot of rain this week, and things were wet all over. The rain let up on Wednesday evening, and Thursday looked like a good day for her to take the dog for a nice, long walk during the day.

As on Wednesday, I get this text while at work... "I'm back from the walk, but I slipped and fell. Fortunately the dog didn't run off while I was on the ground..." It wasn't until later when I got home that I learned tat the reality was a lot worse than her text made it seem. There's this local park with a nice walking trail where M likes to take the dog. There are long stretches of the trail that have a raised wooden "boardwalk." You can see where this is going, right? With all the rain we've had, the wood got very wet. And when the rain stopped, the wood got really slick. M was watching the dog, and not where she was putting her feet. Of course, she slipped. Of course she took a HARD fall. Trashed her knee and her hip. Let go of the leash when she fell. But the dog didn't run off (as he likes to do whenever he can). 

When she was getting ready for bed, I saw just how bad it really was... A huge bruise on her hip - it looked like her whole hip was yellow and purple. And she told me that after she picked herself up, she had to struggle for close to two miles to get back to her car. In pain the whole way. With a rambunctious dog... Who took advantage of the situation by finding another dog's poop and rolling around in it... So M had to completely wash the dog when she got home.

Even today, days later, she's in pain. I feel so bad for her... Sometimes things just go to Hell in an handbasket. And of course, with her hip in such pain, she doesn't even want me to snuggle between her legs and gently lick her - that's how I know how much pain she's REALLY in!




No comments:

Post a Comment