Thursday, August 3, 2017

How Long Have I...

How long have I been a sissy? All my life I guess.
How long have I known that I'm a sissy? Ah. A far more challenging question. Not nearly so long.

All my life, I've been a bit different.

Oh, don't get me wrong. As a kid, I did all the kinds of things that the other kids did. I camped, I took part in high school sports and summer sports, I went to the library and read. I rode my bike. I played in the sandbox with the other kids. I played a LOT with my Legos! I played with model trains and did basic woodworking - to this day I can build a mean birdhouse! I did LOTS of things that the other male kids did. I can't say I really got picked on for being small, or "puny" or anything of the sort. In many ways, I guess you could say I was as average as average can be.

But inside, I always knew I was "different."

2 comments: