Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Opening a New Chapter

I graduated from high school (no, I won't even tell you what year it was). I will say that I graduated 11th in my class. Most of the kids who graduated higher than I did hadn't taken nearly as many courses as I did. In fact, during high school, I filled every available class period with something... Usually something "difficult." Why did I do that? Well, at the time it seemed like the thing to do, and it's not like I really had a social life. I went to school, I went to practice, and I went home and chilled, usually with a book in my hand. I don't even think I watched too much television. Although I had a pretty good friend who was really high on the Johnny Carson show... I didn't even watch sports because they didn't really interest me.

So I graduated...

And went off to college. My older brother went to a school that was only about 60 miles away from home. Me? I went to a place about 300 miles from home. I started with 2 roommates (assigned), but really didn't get along with them. Decided that I wanted a technical major (engineering) and began taking all the required freshman courses. Didn't make any intercollegiate teams for sports. So really I just kept my head down and tried to stay out of trouble. This was at a time when you could legally drink at 18  in most places, and I didn't really drink before college (although my parents thought nothing about opening a bottle of wine at the dinner table and allowing me a glass or two). So I was introduced to the mysteries of beer... Lots of beer... But I don't think I ever really got snot lockered... At least during my first two years of college. That came later...

Notice that in my story so far, I haven't talked about that first romp in the back of the Buick or anything like that. I haven't talked about fingering a girl's quim or feeling her up... I didn't talk about that because it didn't happen. In contrast to many, if not most of my peers, I was still an inexperienced virgin. Not necessarily out of a lack of desire, rather it was due to that pesky fear of rejection. Oh yeah, I got  along with everyone in a "group setting" but when it came to one-on-one? Failure every time. Did I masturbate? Nope. Given the very sheltered and somewhat solitary life I lived, it never occurred to me. It was only when I got to college and was exposed to a bunch of much more "crude" males that I began to figure things out...

But one thing that's important about my entry into college was the reinforcement of something that I first noticed in the showers when I was cleaning up after my high school practices... I was smaller than virtually all... if not all... of my male peers. Simply put, I first noticed in high school and really noticed when I got to college that I was a shrimp dick...

And in my next installment, I think I'll recount year 2 and 3 of college where I began engaging more with the tender gender... And some of my failures along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment