Sunday, September 10, 2017

A New Chapter Begins

So there I was... Going to work every day. Living day to day. Going to happy hour every Friday night. Basically, just goinog through the motions of life. Nothing monumental going on at all.

So several months went by and I finally got on with things. A very good friend and colleague invited a bunch of us from work to go to his wedding, which was going to happen in a town about 400 miles away from where we all worked. So the group of us decided to rent a motor home and "road trip" it to the site for his wedding. I guess we figured it would be a lot less expensive than flying there or driving up individually. So the day before the wedding, we all set out on the most incredible road trip. We partied all the way there (except for the designated driver who remained - thankfully - sober). I don't every remember - before or ever since - consuming so many margaritas.

So we pulled into town, all falling down drunk, and met up with the groom, and got ourselves set for the night.

The wedding was uneventful (at least for those of us who were spectators). But it was the reception where we pulled out all the stops... My roomie and I made a vow (in a drunken stupor of course) that we would dance with every woman at the reception. I think... I THINK we succeeded.

But over the course of the evening, I met HER. I met the woman who would fundamentally change my life. The woman who saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment