Sunday, September 17, 2017

And a Blogger Discovery...

How interesting...

My normal web browser is Firefox. When I access my new blog using Firefox and try to respond to a comment, here's what I see. Notice that that the first item is "Google Account." What's interesting is that I CAN'T respond to someone's comments using Firefox. I think it's a script thing.
But when I open my blog using Internet Explorer, then do the same things, I see that the generic "Google Account" is automatically replaced by my Google Profile information as shown below, and I have no problems responding to comments. Seems that IE "remembered me" where Firefox didn't.

 

This is something I'll have to look at. It COULD be a cookies thing... It's very possible that I've got cookies turned off in my Firefox browser (remember that "I don't like sharing any information with anyone" thing I've talked about in my blog??).

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a cookies thing. When I set Firefox to accept third-party cookies, I can respond to comments. To maintain my privacy, I've also told Firefox to automatically clear all cookies when I exit from Firefox though...

    ReplyDelete